Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 20, 2008 The curtain closes on a wonderful life.

All are welcome to attend the memorial service for my wonderful husband Ed on Wednesday July 23, 2008 at Southpoint Community Church, 7556 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville FL 32256 at 2:00 pm

Unfourtuanetly, I was unable to afford to bury my husband as he wished and have had to opt for cremation. Therefore there will not be a funeral service or grave service. But we will celebrate Ed's life and how he touched each of us.

Note from Joey: Southpoint is coming through with $1000 to help with the cost of cremation. Stephanie still needs $300 more to get the cremation totally taken care of. She needs our help right now. I know we are all having money issues, but honestly, she needs money.
She has a hard time asking for money and quite frankly, we're all aware of the lifestyle that Ed aforded her. I dont think she wants to exactly keep that lifestyle, but she has been crying. She needs money for food & gas and food for the dogs. Today was a very hard day for her as I watched the reality of the situation hit her like a ton of bricks. She is being incredibly strong, but damnit, she needs cash!!! She doesnt even have the $250 to put an obituary in the paper.

You say you want to help her - then help her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At 6pm Ed passed away today.

I am an avid writer, but for once in my life, I'm about as close to speechless as I can be.

I was not at Hospice at the time of Ed's passing. The nurses had informed Stephanie that Ed's time was drawing near. She told me that I could go home and take a shower and change. I assume that by the time I got home, Ed had passed.

I have never seen a room so packed with people that love someone. There were at least 10 to 11 people in the room today. We were able to reminisce about the good times and the things Ed did for people. Ed was able to hear all of us praising him and what people really thought about him and how much he is loved. There were some good laughs and a few crys. It was a wonderful Blessing.


On behalf of Stephanie, I'd like to thank everyone for thier prayers and support.

Like I said, I've never been at a loss for words.... But right now I am...

Here are some pictures of Ed and Stephanie and the good times they shared.



March 3, 2005 Baptism together as a married
couple in the Jordan River, Isreal by Bishop Paul Zink.

Married my Love Feb. 01. 2003
Casbah - Belly Dancer 2005
Ed Being Silly
A close relative of Ed's - EPCOT 2002
Us at Biltmore Estate 2007
Chimney Rock 2007
Honeymoon 2003
Peace Love & Happiness
To Cool for Words
65th Birthday Party at JJ Bistro
I could do the MonkeyBars when I was younger.! What happened?
Rest well my Sweet Prince and Rejoice!

No comments: